Avaya has received the 2011 Global Market Share Leadership Award in Enterprise Premises-Based FMC Solutions from Frost & Sullivan. The award is presented to the company that has demonstrated excellence in capturing the highest market share within its industry.
Frost & Sullivan cited Avaya as one of the pioneers and leaders in fixed mobile convergence, and the following contributing factors to the company’s success:
- Strong position and brand name recognition in IP telephony
- A wide, diverse enterprise mobility portfolio
- Successful communications bundling strategy through Avaya UC All Inclusive
- An extensive ecosystem of partners, including the Avaya DevConnect developer program and the Avaya Connect channel program
- Plans to extend Avaya Flare Experience to a broad range of fixed and mobile devices
- Constant innovation to offer a choice of mobility solutions that fit diverse customer needs
“Throughout the years, Avaya has demonstrated unwavering commitment to delivering superior communication solutions to its business customers, and has proven once again its market leadership in enterprise mobility,” said Alaa Saayed, senior analyst, Frost & Sullivan. “Today, Avaya is a widely recognized for best-of-breed IP telephony systems and next-generation unified communications and collaboration solutions. The company has successfully invested time and resources in its vision, direction, and overall strategy, gaining the trust and confidence of a large portion of the enterprise communication customers.”
Avaya led the industry with 35.5 percent of the total advanced premises-based FMC clients shipped in 2010. Advanced FMC solutions are defined by Frost & Sullivan as all fixed-mobile convergence solutions created to work with smartphones to go beyond the typical touch-tone interface and the access number prefixing of a basic PBX-to-mobile extension.